Burton’s very own fun dog show is happening on:
Saturday 17 September, 2-4pm
Location: the field behind St Mary’s Church, Burton. Vehicular access from Toll Down Way (SatNav: SN14 7PD)
by kind permission of Freddie Clark and Yas Bright
Supported by the BCA, sponsored by The Old Stables and other local businesses, the Burton Dog Show aims to raise money for Dogs Trust.
- Show Categories:
- Cool Pup (12 months and under)
- Golden Oldie (8 yrs and over)
- Waggiest Tail
- Best Young Handler
- Loveliest Lady
- Most Handsome Dog
- Dog Most Resembling its Owner
- Fanciest Dressed Dog
- Dogs Trust Best Rescue Dog
- Best in Show (first place from each previous category)
- Have-a-Go Agility
- Raffle (scroll down for a list of prizes)
- Face painting
- Suey’s Mooey Chewies – homemade 100% beef chews and treats from Doncombe Farm, Colerne
- The Holy Grail Café – refreshments available in the 12th-century church of St Mary’s.
Entry (cash only please)
- £3 per category
- £5 per strip of raffle tickets + 1 round of Have-a-Go-Agility
Maximum of 10 dogs per category. Dogs must be kept under control at all times and are the owner’s responsibility.
The prize for best in show will be presented by Yas Bright at the prize giving ceremony at approximately 4pm.
Please ensure you clear up after your dog and dispose of any bagged waste in the bin provided.
Find out about the show officials here.
To sponsor or help in other ways, please complete the form below. (your details won’t appear on the website) We are particularly looking for:
- Donations of prizes for the raffle (suitable for dogs, adults, or children)
- Young handlers (16 yrs and under) willing to show a dog other than their own. No experience necessary. The first six young handlers to sign up will receive a T-shirt from Dogs Trust. (Parent or guardian permission required)
For a list of raffle prizes, see here.
By entering the Burton Dog Show you are agreeing to take full responsibility for any injury or damage to and/or caused by your dog(s). You are fully liable for your animal should they cause any damage or injury. Any dog showing aggressive behaviour at the show will be asked to leave with no refund given.